Skip to main content

Political Post

Facebook to Require Verified Identities for Future Political Ads, By: Jack Nicas - The New York Times 

      In the article, Facebook to Require Verified Identities for Future Political Ads, Jack Nicas takes a deeper look into how Facebook is connected to the politics.  Facebook was getting many complaints about not identifying the source of their political ads posted. This seemed sketchy for many users, so nonetheless, Facebook inevitably had to take a deeper look. Facebook began to force the people behind the ads to come forward. A bill named the Honest Ad Act was made to bring the ads presented more in line with what was on TV and magazines. This misinformation on political topics caused tension amongst Facebook users, causing Facebook to look into this issue. They realized that they needed to fix this problem and clear things up on who is posting the ads and making sure the information posted is relevant. 
      I completely agree with the users who were agitated by these posts. I would be sketched out if I saw an ad advertising a political topic which was completely different than what I had been hearing on the news. These people were right to make a stand and fix this problem Facebook was causing. Facebook handled the problem efficiently and in a respectable manner. Facebook needs to be aware of these problems and demolish them whenever they go up, because politics are VERY sensitive to some people. At such a young age, I do not get politics that much so I can't really relate but I would be upset if I saw an ad that was unsettling to my beliefs. 
      I chose this article by looking up political posts on The New York Times. I know that this source is credible and reliable, so I knew I could pick a great post from this website. As I began to read the articles, I was facisnated by the one with social media. Social media is such a hot item right now and everyone in the world is pretty much on social media, so I figured it would be an interesting article to read and study! 

Comments

  1. You did a great job of picking out a topic that you could somewhat relate to, Facebook being a form of social media. This is the first I am hearing of political ads being posted and you did a fantastic job of explaining the event and adding your own advice about the ads.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Break Free Post

       Fall break is definitely one of my favorite breaks. It is a great break from school to relax and have fun. This past break, my mom and one of my friends mom surprised us with a trip to New York for our birthdays. We were both super excited and could not wait until we got there.        We had to get up at 3:30 Thursday morning to get to New Orleans to catch our flight. After the short plane ride, we did not waste any time, we jumped right in to doing things. We shopped the first day and went out to dinner for an early birthday dinner at the Sugar Factory. The next few days, we spent in Central Park, Little Italy, Brooklyn, and SoHo. Also, we went to see Hamilton. It was awesome! Overall, I had a very fun fall break and got a good break from studying and homework.

Interrogation Dialogue

Tom, the judge, and the lawyer  all face each other tensely in the court room. "I have some questions to ask you Mr. Tom, where were you on September 1st at 9:30 am?" The lawyer asks sternly. "I was at a coffee shop studying." Answered Tom. "Who were you with?" Questioned the lawyer. "No one, but an old friend of mine from college was there. I talked to her for about 10 minutes." "What is her name?" "Jill White." Tom answered. "What exactly did y'all talk about?' The lawyer interrogated. "We were just catching up. We hadn't seen each other in 5 years. She was telling me about her new job and her kids. That was really all." "Okay, but how do I not know you were in the alley right next to the coffee shop during the time of the murder of our town mayor?" "Why would you suspect such a thing? This is crazy!" Asked Tom frantically. "Answer my question." Rep

Summer 2017

        Summer is by far my favorite season. I love everything about. This past summer the first thing I did was go to the beach. I went to Destin with a couple of friends. Destin is by far my favorite place to go because my family has always gone there. One of my favorite things to do is drive into Seaside or Rosemary and eat and shop there. The rest of June I hung out with friends in Baton Rouge, went to cheer camp in Monroe for school, and went to the beach once more.          July was definitely the most exciting. The first few days I spent packing for a family trip and camp. I was going to a camp in Washington and Oregon, so before my family dropped me off we went to Seattle for a couple of days. It was super fun, we did city stuff and went to see one of the mountains near Seattle. On July 8th, they dropped me off at the Seattle airport where my group for camp was meeting and we said our good-byes. The camp is not really a traditional camp, but an outdoors/adventure one. Over the